Creating a Vibrant Live/Work/Play Environment in the Core of Our City
Our GoalWork with business, government, and community partners to revitalize and transform Downtown Albuquerque into the vibrant heart of our city – an area that is exciting, engaging, welcoming, and safe for businesses, residents, and visitors alike
Our Core Beliefs
The Chamber’s Downtown Transformation Policy Planks:
- Reduce the prevalence of homelessness and crime in Downtown Albuquerque
- Revitalize and renew historical buildings, routes, and spaces
- Explore new transformational projects and attractions for the downtown area
Progress and Initiatives
- Secure local, state, and federal funding – as well as public support – for the ongoing development of a nearly 7-mile trail connecting key parts of the greater downtown area.
- Support the swift scaling up of the Gateway Center as originally intended – a 24/7 shelter and coordinated service center for the homeless.
- Launch a Downtown business improvement district, allowing businesses to pool and spend resources on downtown-specific marketing, beautification, special events or markets, homeless interventions, and additional public safety improvements.
- Support City- and county-led efforts to bring a greater police presence to Downtown, including more officers; security cameras tied into city-wide, real-time monitoring; and technology.
Learn more about how to support the downtown transformation.
The Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce is committed to revitalizing our city’s iconic downtown. To learn more about our lobbying and other efforts toward that end, contact the Chamber today.